The two components
Before you begin your course at BBLC, we need to assess your English level. First, we would like you to complete a short written test that takes about 15 minutes and then we will make an appointment to complete a speaking test with you.
The two components:
• On-line written test
• Speaking test
1. The Online test is designed to show how easily you use both basic and more complex grammar constructions. Please do not use a dictionary or grammar reference when you do the test. It is recommended that you do this when no-one else is nearby. Please don’t be tempted to ask anyone for help!
• We will advise you by return email of your result and negotiate a time with you to do a Speaking test.
2. The Speaking test can be done at your work location or at our office in central Moscow. It usually takes about 10 -15 minutes. This gives one of our trainers an opportunity to see how well you are able to reproduce the language in conversation.
• The trainer will also speak to you about your learning needs and discuss any specific topics / areas of English that you wish to develop.
• The Director of Studies will correlate the result of your written and speaking tests to establish a starting level for study.